What is the White Wash Technique with Celebrate Sunflowers? It’s a simple technique using a White Craft Ink Pad and a Blender Pen. Use a Clear Acrylic Block to grab some ink from the pad to use for coloring. Make sure to use a shade darker ink for stamped images so the white wash doesn’t over power the stamped image. In this case, the sunflower. The video below has step by step directions to help create this card.
Supplies for White Wash Technique with Celebrate Sunflowers
- Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set
- Best Year Stamp Set
- White Craft Ink Pad
- Blender Pens
- Tasteful Label Dies
- Pale Papaya Card Stock – card base – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ – front – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White Card Stock – mat – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ – inside mat – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Black & White Gingham Ribbon – 8″
- Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Acrylic Block
White Wash Experiments
The left image only has a stamp image on it with no white wash. You can see how much it changes when it is added. The right photo is just having fun experimenting with different colored card stock and inks. Have fun trying different stamps, ink, and card stock.
Directions for White Wash Technique with Celebrate Sunflowers
- Score card base at 5 1/2″, fold in 1/2
- Stamp Sunflower image with Pumpkin Pie Ink on the small Pale Papaya Card Stock
- Take Acrylic Block and press into White Craft Ink Pad
- Use the ink on the block to add color to stamp image with the Blender Pen to make highlights on the sunflower
- White wash all the sunflowers, adhere to white mat
- Adhere to card base with dimensionals
- Stamp greeting on Tasteful Label, adhere with dimensionals
- Tie box, adhere with mini glue dot
- Embellish with Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Stamp small sunflower on envelope and inside mat
- Congrats! You have made a handcrafted card
Other Miscellaneous Samples of the White Wash Technique
Facebook Live Card Kit Offer with a $50 or more Purchase
Get this FREE supply card kit with a $50 or more purchase! You will receive the basic foundation of the cards from the White Wash Technique (Live #114 on YouTube) and the Mystery Stamping cards (Live #115 on YouTube). It’s a fabulous set of cards! The kit includes 3 cards from each live episode. The Kit can also be purchased for $18.00 by filling out this Google Form.
Save 20% on the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine – March 1-31
For a short period of time, the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine is being offered at 20% off and….
- makes a great addition to your Stampin’ Tools
- a perfect gift for a stampin’ friend
- easy to transport for small projects on the go
- is light weight & compact
The flyer is a complete list of all the stamp bundles that are 20% off during this March Sale! And remember, all bundles are while supplies last once they are on the retired list. You will want to make sure to order early for the best selection.
Facebook/YouTube Live Replay #114 – White Wash Technique with Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set
This replay will give tips on how to use a White Craft Ink Pad to create a white wash look on a stamped image.
Additional Bonus Offer
Receive a 37 project PDF Tutorial bundle as a thank you with any $50.00 or more purchase. This bundle is packed with all kinds of ideas that could be incorporated with any set or designer paper in your library. Simply fill out the google form if you would like to purchase the Tutorial Bundle for only $20.00. If you have placed an order, it will be emailed to you automatically.
Do you need a catalog or would like to receive my Newsletter?
Don’t have a demonstrator you work with and need a catalog? Subscribe below to receive a catalog. If you need fresh ideas, sign up for the newsletter that has PDF tutorials in each edition along with the latest Stampin’ Up! news.
Click on the appropriate button. It’s that simple!
I appreciate and thank you for taking time out of your day for some creative ink! If you loved this post, be sure to …
- Subscribe to my blog updates here
- Follow me on Pinterest for creative ideas
- Subscribe to Create with Nancy YouTube Library
- Join me every Wednesday at 3:00 pm ET for a Facebook Live on my Create with Nancy Page here
- Sign up for my Creative Ink Newsletter to receive Free pdf tutorials in each edition
- Browse through the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- Join our team of Inkin’ with Heart Stampers – more info here
Shopping List – use Host Code CCB9ZP6V – receive a free card kit with any $50 or more order