Handcrafted St Patricks Day Cards? Create two easy cards with some basic supplies you can probably find in your own home. Or can easily be found in a big box store. These simple techniques could be used for any special holiday or occasion when a stamp set or designer paper to go with your theme is not available. Using fabric or paper napkins are a great way to personalize that special card for someone.
Supplies for Handcrafted St Patricks Day Card with Fabric
- Word Wishes Dies
- A Wish For Everything Stamp Set
- Tailored Made Tags
- Basic Black Card Stock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (card base)
- Basic White Card Stock – 3 3/4″ x 5″ – (2 pcs.)
- Shaded Spruce Card Stock – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ – (2 pcs.)
- Old Olive Card Stock – scrap for tag label
- Regals 6×6 Designer Paper – 2 3/8″ x 6″ (envelope flap)
- Gold Foil – scrap for die cut words
- Adhesive Sheets – 3 3/4″ x 5″, scrap use with Gold Foil for Word Wishes dies
- Gilded Gems
- Gold Shimmer Ribbon – approx. 8″
- St Patricks themed Fabric – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
Instructions for Handcrafted St Patricks Day Card with Fabric
- Highly recommend to watch the video for step by step directions and tips
- Score card base at 5 1/2″, fold in 1/2
- Adhere adhesive sheet to 1 basic white card stock piece, add the fabric to this layer, trim off excess fabric
- Layer the fabric, card stock layer to Shaded Spruce mat layer, attach to card base with dimensionals
- Adhere adhesive sheet to back of Gold Foil, die cut words
- Die Cut large Tailored Made Tags with Old Olive, add the gold foil die cuts
- Use 8″ ribbon make a bow on tag, adhere tag with dimensionals, add Gilded Gems as desired
- Stamp greeting on inside Basic White Layer, attach to remaining piece of shaded spruce, adhere to inside of card
- Adhere designer paper to envelope flap, trim off excess.
- Congrats! You have made a handcrafted card for St Patricks Day!
Supplies for Handcrafted St Patricks Day Card with Paper Napkin
- Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder
- Granny Apple Green Card Stock – 4 1/4″ x 11″ – (card base)
- Basic White Card Stock – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – apply napkin to this piece and was cut down to 3″ x 4 3/4″ (you will want to size it to your napkin design)
- Front Mat – Basic Black Card Stock – 3 1/4″ x 5″
- Inside Mat – Basic – Black Card Stock – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Inside Mat Layer – Basic White Card Stock – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Gilded Gems
- Black & White Gingham Ribbon – 18″
- Elmers Glue Stick
- Favorite Holiday Paper Napkin
Instructions for Handcrafted St Patricks Day Card with Paper Napkin
- Highly recommend to watch the video for step by step directions and tips if you haven’t already
- Score card base at 5 1/2″, fold in 1/2
- Emboss the entire card front with Ornate Floral 3D embossing Folder
- Wrap ribbon around card front and tie a bow
- Check to see what Ply your name is. You will want to work with only 1 Ply and will have to separate any other layers. Otherwise it will peel off
- Apply glue stick to the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – carefully add napkin image, be careful how it is applied so few be bubbles in the paper. Take your time and go slowly.
- Carefully use paper trimmer to cut the desired size, cut basic black card stock next for matting
- Adhere the napkin piece and black mat together, adhere to card front with dimensionals
- Add the Gilded Gems for some bling
- Adhere designer paper to envelope, trim off excess
- Congrats! You have made a Handcrafted Card for St Patricks Day!
Handcrafted St Patricks Day Cards with Paper Napkins
Make sure to stop by on Friday for some treat ideas for St Patricks Day! The Pretty Pillowbox die is being transformed again for St Patty’s Day! Make sure to subscribe to get notified for the newest post!
Fall Handcrafted Paper Napkin Cards for Inspiration
These were some fun napkins found this past fall that were great to use this technique with. They fit on a card front perfectly. I hope these inspire you to make some yourself and to also share them with me & others if you are in the “Creative Ink Community” facebook group.
Want to be Inspired even more?
Check out last years post for St Patricks Day! It’s all about Rainbows here and uses the Layering Circle Dies.
Facebook Live Card Kit Offer
Enjoy a free (6) pc. card kit as a thank you with any $50 or more order from March 2-15. Or it can be purchased for $18.00 by filling out this Google form. Everything is included except for the stamp images. Adhesives and an embossing folder are all that is needed to complete the kit.
Save 20% on the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine – March 1-31
For a short period of time, the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine is being offered at 20% off and….
- makes a great addition to your Stampin’ Tools
- a perfect gift for a stampin’ friend
- easy to transport for small projects on the go
- is light weight & compact
The flyer is a complete list of all the stamp bundles that are 20% off during this March Sale! And remember, all bundles are while supplies last once they are on the retired list. You will want to make sure to order early for the best selection.
Facebook/YouTube Live Replay #112 – Handcrafted St Patrick’s Day Card
This replay will give tips on how to make a handcrafted card for St Patrick’s Day using Fabric and Paper Napkins. They will be things you start browsing in the stores for holidays or events you don’t have a special stamp set for. Make sure to use the shopping list to help order any supplies you may need to purchase in my online store. You can find the current host code in the column on the right.
Additional Bonus Offer
Receive a 37 project PDF Tutorial bundle as a thank you with any $50.00 or more purchase. This bundle is packed with all kinds of ideas that could be incorporated with any set or designer paper in your library. Simply fill out the google form if you would like to purchase the Tutorial Bundle for only $20.00. If you have placed an order, it will be emailed to you automatically.
Do you need a catalog or would like to receive my Newsletter?
Don’t have a demonstrator you work with and need a catalog? Subscribe below to receive a catalog. If you need fresh ideas, sign up for the newsletter that has PDF tutorials in each edition along with the latest Stampin’ Up! news.
Click on the appropriate button. It’s that simple!
I appreciate and thank you for taking time out of your day for some creative ink! If you loved this post, be sure to …
- Subscribe to my blog updates here
- Follow me on Pinterest for creative ideas
- Subscribe to Create with Nancy YouTube Library
- Join me every Wednesday at 3:00 pm ET for a Facebook Live on my Create with Nancy Page here
- Sign up for my Creative Ink Newsletter to receive Free pdf tutorials in each edition
- Browse through the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- Join our team of Inkin’ with Heart Stampers – more info here
Shopping List – use Host Code CCB9ZP6V – receive a free card kit with any $50 or more order