An Easy Alcohol Marker Technique turns simple designer paper into a Wow! Use the Stampin’ Blends to color the paper for a unique twist. How to choose what colors? Start with the colors listed for the designer paper package and is a great starting point. You may find you want to add in other generic colors to use as an accents. Supplies, measurements, and directions are below to help you create this card using an easy alcohol marker technique.
Supplies for Easy Alcohol Marker Technique
- Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper
- Tailor Made Tags Dies
- Crumb Cake Card Stock
- Very Vanilla Card Stock
- Miscellaneous Colors of Card Stock – Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo, Pale Papaya, Daffodil Delight (are some to choose from)
- 3/8″ Open Weave Ribbon – Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink, Soft Succulent
- Various Stampin’ Blends – Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo, Pale Papaya, Daffodil Delight, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive
- Brushed Brass Butterflies
- Medium Very Vanilla Envelopes
- Special Moments Stamp Set (Sale-a-bration)
Measurements for Easy Alcohol Marker Technique
- Card Stock Base – 4 1/4″ x 11″
- #2 Card Stock – (2 pcs.) 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- #3 Card Stock – Very Vanilla – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Designer Paper – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Scrap Very Vanilla for tag label
- Designer Paper – 2 3/8″ x 6″ – Envelope Flap
Instructions for Easy Alcohol Marker Technique
- Score card base at 5 1/2″, fold in 1/2
- Color images of designer paper with Stampin’ Blends. Even color over top color. Make sure to watch the video below for tips
- Adhere Designer Paper to desired card stock color, adhere to card front with dimensionals
- Die Cut label, stamp greeting, adhere to card front with dimensionals
- Use 8″ of open weave ribbon and color it with the stampin’ blends. It’s a great way to create custom ribbon. Try to choose a color similar to the color stampin’ blend. Let dry for a minute, tie bow, adhere tag label with mini glue dot
- Embellish tag label with brushed gold butterflies
- Color remaining piece of designer paper with stampin’ blends and adhere to envelope flap with multipurpose glue, trim
- Congrats! You have made a card with this easy alcohol marker technique!
Easy Alcohol Marker Technique with Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper
Look how beautiful the designer paper is now that is has been colored with Stampin’ Blends!
Compare the Designer Paper Colored with Stampin’ Blends vs. None
Both photos below have designer paper that is colored with the left hand card and the right card has none. What a difference on how adding color makes the images pop!
Change up the Card with Fun & Bright Colors
Using some fun & bright Stampin’ Blends really make the flowers pop. Don’t be afraid to go outside the color scheme of the designer paper.
Facebook Live Card Kit Offer
Enjoy a free (6) pc. card kit as a thank you with any $50 or more order from March 2-15. Or it can be purchased for $18.00 by filling out this Google form. Everything is included except for the stamp images. Adhesives and an embossing folder is all that is needed to complete the kit.
Save 20% on the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine – March 1-31
For a short period of time, the Mini Cut & Emboss Machine is 20% off and….
- makes a great addition to your Stampin’ Tools
- a perfect gift for a stampin’ friend
- easy to transport for small projects on the go
- is light weight & compact
Check out the flyer for a complete list of all the stamp bundles that are 20% off as well during this March Sale! Keep in mind that are bundles are while supplies last once they are on the retired list. Order early for the best selection.
Facebook Live Replay – Easy Alcohol Markers Technique
This replay will give tips on how to use the Stampin’ Blends as an easy alcohol marker technique. Have fun!
Receive a 37 project PDF Tutorial bundle as a thank you with any $50.00 or more purchase. This bundle is packed with all kinds of ideas that could be incorporated with any set or designer paper in your library. Simply fill out the google form if you would like to purchase the Tutorial Bundle for only $20.00.
Do you need a catalog or would like to receive my Newsletter?
Don’t have a demonstrator you work with and need a catalog? Subscribe below to receive a catalog. If you need fresh ideas, sign up for the newsletter that has PDF tutorials in each edition along with the latest Stampin’ Up! news.
Click on the appropriate button. It’s that simple!
I appreciate and thank you for taking time out of your day for some creative ink! If you loved this post, be sure to …
- Subscribe to my blog updates here
- Follow me on Pinterest for creative ideas
- Subscribe to Create with Nancy YouTube Library
- Join me every Wednesday at 3:00 pm ET for a Facebook Live on my Create with Nancy Page here
- Sign up for my Creative Ink Newsletter to receive Free pdf tutorials in each edition
- Browse through the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- Join our team of Inkin’ with Heart Stampers – more info here
Shopping List for You: